If you want to learn more about how PASS-SJF can help you, you’re in the right place.
right to your door!
These are always on a one to one basis and will be tailored to each individual pupil as no two pupils will be alike and everyone will progress at a different rate. The minimum lesson time is one hour but I would always recommend that 2 hour slots are booked as the transportation to the training area will take up part of the lesson time and you will probably find that this way will work out cheaper in the end.
Start Your Theory Study There is no need to wait until your 17th birthday before starting your theory study in preparation for the Theory Test. You are not permitted to apply for the practical driving test until you have passed the Theory Test, and you will need the Theory Certificate number once you have passed to book the Driving Test. The Theory Test comprises of two parts, the first being a multiple choice question test and the last part is a video based hazard perception test. If you need assistance with any aspect of the Theoy Test then don’t hesitate to ask. Once you have passed the Theory Test, the certificate is valid for two years.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
CORONAVIRUS (COVID 19) UPDATE
During this pandemic Terms and Conditions will alter slightly and the main changes to this would be the wearing of PPE during lessons, I am asking that a face mask is worn and that if possible you will provide your own, I will carry a small supply of these in case you don’t have them but I will have to charge for them, this will be a minimal charge and will be cost price. Times in the diary must be adhered to to enable me to make sure the car is cleaned properly between pupils and the number of lessons per day has been reduced to allow for this. Anyone showing symptoms, however small, should notify me as soon as possible and they will not be charged but there will be a 14 day exclusion period from lessons to allow for quarantine. Hand sanitiser will need to be used and again I will provide this.
These terms and conditions represent the basis upon which training is offered by ‘PASS-SJF’ and your ‘Instructor’. The provision of tuition is subject to the acceptance of these terms and conditions.
1. Driving Licences. It is essential that you hold a current, valid driving licence. You must produce your provisional, full or international driving licence on or before your first training session. You may be asked to produce it again at any time during your training.
2. Fitness to Drive. You must be fit to drive with regard to the legal and medical requirements recommended by the DVSA and DVLA. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are fit to drive on each of your driving lessons or driving test. Sickness, tiredness, alcohol, illegal and prescribed drugs may affect your driving and any of these could put you and other road users at serious risk. If you are taking any medication check with your doctor or pharmacist to make sure they will not affect your driving. In the interests of public safety, we reserve the right to cancel your driving lesson or refuse the use of the training vehicle for the driving test if there is any suspicion of impairment because of illness, drugs or alcohol. All the associated costs of such cancellations to be met by the pupil.
3. Payments and Cancellations. Tuition fees are normally payable at the end of the driving lesson, unless by prior arrangement. Payment can be made by cash or bank transfer. Any cheques presented for payment that are subsequently refused by the bank will be subject to an administration fee of £15.00. Any non payment of tuition fees will be subject to an administration fee £15.00 if the balance remains outstanding for a period of 14 days. Block bookings, Pre-payments and Gift Vouchers are valid for 12 months from the date of payment. If you need to cancel or re-arrange a lesson as much notice as is practical should be given. Lesson appointments can be managed using the online diary or through direct contact with the instructor. Early notification allows the instructor to reallocate the lesson time to another pupil who may require the extra tuition. PASS-SJF reserves the right to make an administration charge of 50% of the the lesson fees if insufficient or no notification is given and the instructor attends the booked lesson as arranged.
4. Bookings and Lesson Duration. Your instructor will try to maintain regular lesson slots to ensure continuity of learning, however this cannot be guaranteed.
PASS-SJF reserves the right to make adjustments to lesson bookings for Driving Tests or for other administration purposes. The minimum lesson duration is one hour. If, for any reason the instructor is late for the lesson they will make every effort to inform the pupil of the estimated time of arrival. If the delay is anticipated to be longer than 15 minutes PASS-SJF reserves the right to cancel and rearrange the lesson if the lesson cannot be extended. With the agreement of the pupil, the lesson will be extended to allow for the full lesson to be completed, if this is not possible the extra time will be carried forward to the next suitable lesson.
5. Training Location. All tuition will start and finish at the same location unless alternative arrangements are made in advance. Every effort will be made to accommodate alterations. The instructor will determine a location suitable for practical lessons which ensures the pupil’s and public safety. This means that the instructor may need to drive the pupil to and from the lesson location; this journey time forms part of their lesson as paid for.
6. Training Vehicle. The training vehicle provided is taxed and insured for the purpose of driving tuition. It is fully roadworthy and fitted with dual controls for the safety of the pupil and other road users. Pupils who require tuition in their own vehicle must supply evidence from their motor vehicle insurer that the vehicle is covered for lessons when being supervised by a professional instructor in return for payment. The car must also be taxed and hold a current MOT certificate where appropriate.
7. Driving Tests and Bookings. PASS-SJF reserves the right to refuse the use of the tuition vehicle for the driving test if they consider that the provision of the vehicle could cause a risk to public safety. Where the tuition vehicle is used for driving test, the booking period will be based upon the instructor’s normal diary schedule. Depending on the time driving test this will require a minimum two hour booking and possibly longer if the pupil lives sufficient distance from the test centre. Whilst PASS-SJF will make every effort to ensure the vehicle supplied for the driving test is fully roadworthy and comply with all requirements at the start of the test, they cannot be held responsible for vehicle failure that occurs during the driving test and is not liable for any consequential loss.
PASS-SJF cannot be held responsible for driving test appointments cancelled by the DVSA, and will advise about claiming compensation from the DVSA should they qualify for payments.
8. Code of Conduct.
Your instructor agrees to abide by conditions of the Professional Code of Conduct issued by the DVSA.
9. Your Rights.
These conditions do not affect any protection that you have under consumer legislation.
PASS-SJF reserve the right to change or alter any of the terms and conditions without notice, but will endeavour to inform pupils of any changes as soon as possible.